[c-nsp] Upgrading edge router

Ben Steele ben.steele at internode.on.net
Tue Nov 11 19:50:14 EST 2008

Without looking at the article (don't have time right now) "flexible packet
matching" and firewalling are definitely 2 different things, i'd say packet
matching is referring more to something like NBAR with some additional
features, remember it only says packet matching(not blocking), the latter is
the full stateful firewall feature set, so if you aren't wanting it to do
proper firewalling then you want that one.

As for licenses this one is a little weird, basically adv enterprise is
cheaper than adv ip even though it has all the features of adv ip, seems to
be purely based on ppl not wanting features they will never use available on
an image and Cisco making them pay more for that feature, my advice is buy
the cheaper adv enterprise, it will do IPv6.