[c-nsp] Upgrading edge router

Affan Basalamah affanzbasalamah at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 06:55:10 EST 2008

Thank you for your prompt response,
I would like to know a thing about ASR1000 software components :

- It says on ASR1000 software ordering guide
(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps9343/product_bulletin_c07-448862.html)
that there is a FPM (flexible packet matching) service license and
Firewall service license. I would like to know the difference between
two license, since the latter cost the double from the former.
- What version of IOS-XE is integrated in ASR1000 bundle ? Is it IP
Base or Advanced IP Services ? I would like to run IPv6  on the
router, so the router will need Advanced IP Services IOS.

Regards,

-affan