[c-nsp] Policy Based Routing on PE

Brandon Price brandon at sterling.net
Thu Nov 13 14:26:52 EST 2008

The tunnel option could work the problem is the SOURCE is behind a
Juniper netscreen and I don't think they support gre tunnel
termination..
Also I don't want this active all the time, I want it to switch
dynamically.

Maybe there is something else that would accomplish what I am trying to
do.

I tried to make a little ASCII diagram, hopefully it comes through ok:

              SOURCE Voip LAN 206.72.96.0

               FW (juniper)

    PE2-------PE1
    | |        |
dsl1| |dsl2    |
    | |        |T1
    | |        |
    | +------- |
    +--------CE1 (cisco)

          CUST LAN 10.10.10.0

Basically My customers primary link to me is a T1 to PE1 with QOS
enabled for VOICE traffic to my voip servers and switches at
206.72.96.0. these are accessed via FW (juniper netscreen). In normal
operation the route for the CUST LAN through the t1 has the most
favourable weight, and traffic never hits PE2.

Now if the T1 goes down, dsl1 to PE2 will now have the most favorable
route to the lan, HOWEVER at this point I want traffic with a SOURCE of
the voip netblock to take dsl2 to get to the lan. This is where I am
stuck. How to use PBR on the ingress to PE2....

Brandon