[c-nsp] 4507R-E loosing config

Sebastian Ganschow s.ganschow at buelow-masiak.de
Thu Nov 13 17:06:18 EST 2008

Hi List,

we've got two 4507R-E with redundant Supervisor Engine 6-E.

To connect these two switches, we're using a X2 Module on each Supervisor
Engine. On both switches the Interfaces Te3/1 and Te4/1 are configured as
Port-Channel.

Config on both Switches:

interface Te3/1
  description Link1
  switchport
  switchport mode trunk
  switchport trunk allowed vlans 100
  channel-group 1 mode on

interface Te4/1
  description Link2
  switchport
  switchport mode trunk
  switchport trunk allowed vlans 100
  channel-group 1 mode on

interface Po1
  descripton Bundled-Link
  switchport mode trunk
  switchport trunk allowed vlans 100

If a remove one Supervisor Engine in the first 4507, the Port-Channel only
contains interface Te4/1.

If I put the removed Engine back, Interface Te3/1 comes back without any
configuration.

As a result, all vlans are send over this Link, the other switch detects an
configuration mismatch an both interfaces are in err-disabled mode.

Any thougts on this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Sebastian