[c-nsp] GEIP or PA-GE

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Thu Nov 13 18:07:37 EST 2008

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> Anyone know where I can GEIP, GEIP+ or PA-GE cards cheap?  I'm running a 7505
> at home, and I'm not made of money.  8-)

That would depend on how you define cheap :)

Your best bet would probably be to check with one of the many places that
deal in used Cisco parts.  I haven't priced or looked at volumes on
the secondary market them in a long time, but I'd think 7500 blades like
the GEIP and GEIP+ would be pretty reasonably priced since the 7500
series is end of life.  If the resellers know they can sell them (2511s,
for example), they'll more expensive, but if the parts aren't in high
demand, then you migt have a little more room to haggle on the price.

jms