[c-nsp] FWSM (3.1) - Memory and CPU issue

Varaillon Jean Christophe j.varaillon at cosmoline.com
Fri Nov 14 07:06:46 EST 2008

>The CPU of context2 is never changing (stack at 62%) and this does not
>reflect at all the pattern of traffic/connection/translation that we get
>during a wotrking day. Why What would keep the CPU so busy given that the
>amount of traffic is not the issue here?

This output shows clearly that the traffic is almost null but still it has
60% of CPU.
What could justify such a value?

FWSM/context2# show cpu usage
CPU utilization for 5 seconds = 60.5%; 1 minute: 62.2%; 5 minutes: 62.4%

FWSM/context2# show perfmon
PERFMON STATS:    Current      Average
Xlates               0/s          0/s
Connections          0/s          0/s