[c-nsp] FWSM (3.1) - Memory and CPU issue

Varaillon Jean Christophe j.varaillon at cosmoline.com
Fri Nov 14 06:30:24 EST 2008

Hi,

The FWSM is set-up with 4 contexts.

In this context a "show memory" shows 4 times more used memory than the
total amount, is this a known bug?

FWSM/context1# show memory
Used memory:      4294809328 bytes (400%)
-------------     ----------------
Total memory:     1073741824 bytes (100%)

About the CPU, I issued both following commands just one after the other.
Why the CPU usage of the system context has different values in both output
(0.% vs 3%?
The CPU of context2 is never changing (stack at 62%) and this does not
reflect at all the pattern of traffic/connection/translation that we get
during a wotrking day. Why What would keep the CPU so busy given that the
amount of traffic is not the issue here?

FWSM# sho cpu usage context all
 5 sec  1 min  5 min  Context Name
  0.0%   0.0%   0.0%  system
  0.2%   0.3%   0.2%  context1
 62.9%  62.5%  62.6%  context2
  0.0%   0.0%   0.0%  context3
  0.0%   0.0%   0.0%  context4

FWSM# sho cpu usage
CPU utilization for 5 seconds = 3%; 1 minute: 3%; 5 minutes: 2%
FWSM#

Thank you for your time.

Christophe

database 3613 (20081114) __________