[c-nsp] Recommended Cisco boxes for a small multihoming solution?

Hank Nussbacher hank at efes.iucc.ac.il
Fri Nov 14 08:06:11 EST 2008

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008, Garry wrote:

> Hank Nussbacher wrote:
>> On Thu, 13 Nov 2008, Garry wrote:
>>
>> The 3825 can take 1GB?  The Cisco ISR link doesn't show that.
> Just checked again - I thought I had put 1GB in our FW-Router, but it's
> "only" 768 at the moment (added a 512 to the stock 256) ... Anyway,
> IIRC, the 3825 has two slots, physically identical ... also, Cisco GPL
> has this item:
>
> MEM3800-256U1024D 256 to 1024MB DDR DRAM factory upgrade for Cisco 3800
>
> So I assume that 1GB should also work in 3825, otherwise it should be
> listed as 3845 only ...

The Data Sheet agrees with you:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5855/product_data_sheet0900aecd8016a8e8.html

Am I losing it but the quickref guide:
http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/765/tools/quickreference/isr.pdf
shows 1GB for the 3825 now.  Was it listed as 1GB a few days ago or am I
losing it?

I had tried emailing to the address listed a number of other questions -
but ask-quickref at cisco.com don't respond and the URL mailto: of
quickref at cisco.com doesn't exist.

Just par for the course these days with Cisco :-)

Thank G-d we have each other to help advance their sales.

-Hank