[c-nsp] Recommended Cisco boxes for a small multihoming solution?

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Fri Nov 14 08:59:25 EST 2008

Magnus Eriksson wrote:

> Also, I'm a bit hesitant regarding IOS XE, which today only seems to be used
> for ASRs. Is IOS XE something that is gonna be built upon by Cisco moving
> ahead? I don't wanna be stuck with a "dead" OS.

Clarification: from what I can see, IOS XE is only used on the ASR 1000
series.  XR is used on the new ASR 9k series.

I can see some logic in that, as the 1k platform is a fresh attempt at
the parallel processing theory, formerly a flop in the PXF platforms.
However, being able to start from the ground up in that architecture is
probably a much safer start.

pt