[c-nsp] EoMPLS VC up on one side, not on the other.

Stephen Fulton sf at lists.esoteric.ca
Sat Nov 15 11:58:07 EST 2008

Thanks Stoffi, Oli..

The VLAN was SVI-based on the ME6524.  I've switched to VLAN-based, attached to
the outgoing interface.. The VC is not coming up, so I've included a snippet
below, in case I've missed anything.  Also, there is a name Cisco refers to
adding a sub-interface for xconnect statements, while the main interface can be
trunked for passing standard VLAN's.  For the life of me I cannot remember what
it is.  Any ideas there?

ME6524#sh run int Gi1/10
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 464 bytes
!
interface GigabitEthernet1/10
  description Trunk to Edge device
  switchport
  switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
  switchport trunk allowed vlan 16,305,330
  switchport mode trunk
  switchport nonegotiate
  mtu 9000
  logging event link-status
  logging event trunk-status
  logging event spanning-tree status
  logging event subif-link-status ignore-bulk
  speed 1000
  duplex full
  spanning-tree portfast trunk
  spanning-tree guard none
end

ME6524#sh run int gi1/10.655
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 112 bytes
!
interface GigabitEthernet1/10.655
  encapsulation dot1Q 655
  xconnect 10.200.1.8 655 encapsulation mpls
end

ME6524#sh mpls l2transport vc 655 detail
Local interface: Gi1/10.655 up, line protocol up, Eth VLAN 655 up
   Destination address: 10.200.1.8, VC ID: 655, VC status: down
     Output interface: if-?(0), imposed label stack {}
     Preferred path: not configured
     Default path: no route
     No adjacency
   Create time: 00:05:18, last status change time: 00:05:18
   Signaling protocol: LDP, peer 10.200.1.8:0 up
     MPLS VC labels: local 330, remote 69
     Group ID: local 0, remote 0
     MTU: local 9000, remote 1500
     Remote interface description: MPLS Test VLAN
   Sequencing: receive disabled, send disabled
   VC statistics:
     packet totals: receive 0, send 0
     byte totals:   receive 0, send 0
     packet drops:  receive 0, send 0