[c-nsp] NAT out via loopback

Oliver Eyre oliver.eyre at cirruscomms.com.au
Tue Nov 18 07:55:53 EST 2008

Hi Jeff,

Not sure if this is the best solution, but at my office we have a
primary link and a backup link and we NAT out of the loopback so our
telnet and SSH sessions don't crash on us if we ever switch links.

Here are the relevant bits of config (on 1811)

interface Loopback0
ip nat outside

interface FastEthernet0
description Primary link
ip nat outside

interface FastEthernet1
description Backup link
ip nat outside

interface Vlan100
description Internal Network
ip nat inside

ip nat inside source list 11 interface Loopback0 overload

Hope this helps.

Oliver