[c-nsp] NAT out via loopback

Jeff Behl jbehl at estalea.com
Tue Nov 18 14:02:32 EST 2008

Redundancy.  There is a hot/standby loadbalancer pair in the setup
below, one connected to each switch, which sends traffic to the hosts
connected to the 3560s.  The hosts are dual homed to each 3560, using a
bonded interface with ARP poling.  With this setup I can lose the ISP or
an entire switch and things keep on chugging...the site stays up.
Losing the router just means the loss of the VPN link and outgoing NAT,
which isn't essential.

I actually managed to get things working last night through a serials of
route-maps/policy routing.  It's basically NAT on a stick as described:

http://tinyurl.com/7ixb

jeff