[c-nsp] downloads broken?

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Tue Nov 18 12:23:44 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 01:16 +0800, raymondh (NSP) wrote:
> I think they're doing some migration.
> Use the new download area. I'm able to download the releases via the
> new Download area.
> I've managed to download the images via the new download area but not
> via the conventional web navigation for IOS downloads.

Both seems to work again now. Neither worked before. It's still
cumbersome as usual of course, but at least it works now.

On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 12:08 -0500, Jared Mauch wrote:
> I'm personally fed up with this crap from Cisco.
>
> They've broken so many things with software downloads over the years,
> including coded image access via FTP, crypto access via FTP, website
> requires cookies now to fetch the images, etc..

Does anyone know why Cisco started on this thing with the downloads? Did
they see too many inappropriate downloads or what? I'm not sure what was
wrong with the way it worked in the old days.

For large-ish customers with the relevant contracts I really can't see
why Cisco would limit software downloads. It would be fine with me if
the made only some very specific families (according to contract) of
software "easily". Right now I can also download software that we aren't
entitled to use, and removing that option would make the interface
faster and easier to navigate.

Regards,
Peter