[c-nsp] downloads broken?

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Nov 18 12:21:00 EST 2008

On Nov 18, 2008, at 12:16 PM, raymondh (NSP) wrote:

> I think they're doing some migration.
> Use the new download area. I'm able to download the releases via the
> new Download area.
> I've managed to download the images via the new download area but
> not via the conventional web navigation for IOS downloads.
>
> Managed to use wget to fetch from the direct url http://download-sj.cisco.com/swc/esd/02/crypto/3DES/280829702/contract/s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-33.SXI.bin
>  (E.g.)
>
> It's quite crappy where you'll have to get the direct link and use
> some other boxes to do the fetching as well... it's extremely tiring.

	Nobody at cisco seems to understand this is the real process used by
their customers despite repeated attempts to educate them.  While I
actually support the use of cookies on the website(finally!) to track
that you're logged in to one component without having to force the
auth 3,126,391 different times for different parts, the ongoing
breakage of delivering software fixes to customers is a serious
impediment to the ongoing use of Cisco devices in networks.  Lynx
doesn't understand ajax and can't even submit their 'Accept' form for
the EULA.  I've given up in hope that someone at cisco has clue of how
a real network is operated, or at least anyone that can make a
difference in customer experience.  Perhaps we need to schedule a
global scream at your SE/AM day to reinforce this.

	- Jared