[c-nsp] Cisco 3620 with WIC-1ADSL cards

Gideon le Grange gideon at adept.co.za
Sat Nov 22 02:33:11 EST 2008

On 21 Nov 2008, at 5:56 PM, Nick Voth wrote:

> I am trying to get a 3620 configured with 4 of the WIC-1ADSL cards.
> I have
> gone through the "Software Adviser" on the Cisco site to see if it
> might
> give me any clues as to what carrier card, (NM-1E2W, NM-1FE2W, etc),
> would
> work. None of them seem to allow me to choose the ADSL WIC cards
> once I add
> them to the base 3620 configuration.
>
> I had heard that the NM-1FE2W and the NM-2W would work, but there
> too, I
> don't get the options to choose the ADSL WIC cards in the Software
> Adviser.

You need to get two things right for this to work:
1. Does the IOS version you have support the card? Those cards are not
supported in IP base on the 3600.
2. That card will not work in the NM-1E2W, it will work in one of the
FE modules.

Also, what does the chassis say on the console when you boot it? Does
it mention the card at all?