[c-nsp] Cisco 3620 with WIC-1ADSL cards

Nick Voth nvoth at estreet.com
Sat Nov 22 09:56:11 EST 2008

>> I am trying to get a 3620 configured with 4 of the WIC-1ADSL cards.
>> I have
>> gone through the "Software Adviser" on the Cisco site to see if it
>> might
>> give me any clues as to what carrier card, (NM-1E2W, NM-1FE2W, etc),
>> would
>> work. None of them seem to allow me to choose the ADSL WIC cards
>> once I add
>> them to the base 3620 configuration.
>>
>> I had heard that the NM-1FE2W and the NM-2W would work, but there
>> too, I
>> don't get the options to choose the ADSL WIC cards in the Software
>> Adviser.
>
> You need to get two things right for this to work:
> 1. Does the IOS version you have support the card? Those cards are not
> supported in IP base on the 3600.
> 2. That card will not work in the NM-1E2W, it will work in one of the
> FE modules.
>
> Also, what does the chassis say on the console when you boot it? Does
> it mention the card at all?

Gideon,

I think we found the issue. The chassis came with the NM-1E2W module. We're
replacing that with one of the FE modules. Also, we're putting an IOS on
there with the IP Plus feature set. It should work after that. Since those
cards are older, it was tricky to find compatible Network Modules and IOS. I
think we're on the right track now. Thanks very much for your advice.

-Nick Voth