[c-nsp] Windows server hangs connected to 3750

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Wed Nov 26 09:36:49 EST 2008

What NIC(s) do you have in the server?

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Vigar, Damien
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 11:18 PM
To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: [c-nsp] Windows server hangs connected to 3750

Hi all,

We are experiencing an issue with Windows 2003R2 servers connected to our
3560/3750 switches via a 1000T SFP GBIC. The servers appear to hang,
responding to a ping but not to anything else. It looks to us like an issue
with the servers, but our server administrator insists that it must be the
GBIC/switch combination.

We've put the servers in question back onto fast ethernet ports, and haven't
seen any problems in the meantime. Other sites' servers are running fine on
the same GBIC/switch combination.

We've tried to find anything relating to this issue online, with no luck.
Any ideas on where to go next?

Cheers,

Damien