[c-nsp] Best bet 65 IOS for mcast?

Christian MacNevin christian.macnevin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 19:15:13 EDT 2008

Well a bit of everything, and I'm going to push them into SSM
migration. There'll probably still be SM in the network though.

Are there any netflow improvements in SXH for mcast? I remember
hearing top talkers was in there for unicast (?)

On Sep 24, 2008, at 2:39 AM, Phil Mayers wrote:

Christian MacNevin wrote:
> Hi
> Got a client running 33SXH1 in their network. Is SXF still the best
> bet for stable mcast? Or are there necessary widgets in SXH nowadays?

Routed or layer2?

There are some enhancements in SXH (multicast router guard, IGMP join
filtering) which are more relevant at layer2, but IIRC there's nothing
especially compelling in SXH versus SXF (unless you need inter-AS MVPN)