[c-nsp] problem with serial number on cisco 7200 routers /maintenance contract

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Thu Oct 2 17:56:16 EDT 2008

Arie,

We have many 7200s and i guess that if at least one of them displays a wrong serial number
(in our case many are), you cannot be sure for the others too.

So:
1) There is a way to get the correct S/N without having physical access to the box, but
this is available only to partners?
2) Is there a pattern somewhere in a cli/snmp output, that can help you identify these
older NPE boards?

--
Tassos