[c-nsp] Etherchannel Load Balancing

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Oct 3 07:39:31 EDT 2008

Hi,

> We are doing etherchanel  between two  a Cisco catalyst 4509 switchs but load balancing is not working On the one link we have about 700M and on the other 60M. The configured load balancing method is the default which is  (src-dst-ip).

the method you need to use to get proper/efficient
load balancing is dependant on the traffic and
configuration of your network... eg, in this case,
if a server is on the network and all clients
is on a different network, then as far as the cisco
is aware, then all traffic in that scenario will
look the same to the load balancer (source IP = server,
dest IP = router/gateway address).  you'll need
to find the best method for your case.

alan