[c-nsp] ATM Problem

Phil Davis pdavis at i2k.com
Tue Oct 7 15:02:57 EDT 2008

Hello,

  I am having a frustrating problem with a new ATM line we are putting
in. After some shenanigans from the provider in getting the line up on
the right port, we find that we are able to loop OAMs across (at least
one) PVC on the line, but no actual data is able to pass on any PVC.
  In debugging, I can see the router complaining of a 'Bad correlation
tag.'. When I OAM ping, I can see the CTags incrementing properly, but
when regular data (PPPoE authentication) comes across the link, the
provider side expects 0x00 and receives 0x10, 0x20, 0x30, etc...
  Here is the relevant configuration for the ATM interface/subinterface:

interface ATM2/0
 no ip address
 no ip mroute-cache
 atm scrambling cell-payload
 no atm auto-configuration
 no atm ilmi-keepalive
 no atm address-registration
 no atm ilmi-enable
 no clns route-cache
end

interface ATM2/0.100 multipoint
 range pvc 1/35 1/99
  ubr 848
  encapsulation aal5snap
  protocol pppoe
 !

end

I believe since the OAM loopback is making it, the circuit is good. I
feel like I am missing some obvious step, and it is driving me crazy!
Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Phil