[c-nsp] Converting OSPF backbone to iBGP

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Oct 13 14:22:31 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 09:02:56AM +0200, Garry wrote:
> But if I do that, I have all the routes it announces back in the
> Backbone OSPF which I want to only carry the infrastructure IPs ... I've
> already attempted to set up a second OSPF process in order to keep the
> routes learned from one box out of the backbone area, but somehow I must
> be missing something essential, as the router belonging to multiple
> areas keeps mixing them together ...

Well, that's the canonical way to do it - run two separate OSPF
processes, one for "router1 <-> router2 -> BGP" and the other one for
"router2 <-> backbone".  And make sure that the active interfaces don't
overlap.

I currently have no setup where I can verify that it does work, but I
remember that I did this some time ago, and it did seem to do the right
thing.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de