[c-nsp] Best practice for lowest convergence time when rebooting router

Jay Nakamura zeusdadog at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 23:01:01 EDT 2008

Quick question,

Does anyone do anything special before rebooting/shutting down a core or
border router so routes on other routers converge faster around the rebooted
router?  I was thinking if it would be better if I heavily BGP prepend to
upstream first so bordering peer router will still route to me until the
better route from the other upstream propagated to that peer.  What about
OSPF inside our network?  Putting the interfaces in passive mode first?

Thanks!

-Jay