[c-nsp] 6500 and MPLS

Rubens Kuhl Jr. rubensk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 15:09:27 EDT 2008

Our gear are mostly 6524s, Layer 3 VPNs are rock solid (but we were
lucky enough not to use SHX3 and its ghost route bug), very few Layer
2 VPNs due to MTU limitations we are only now removing.

No NAT on 6524s. When customer requires NAT, we deploy CPE-based NAT;
many customers already have NAT/firewalling on their Linux boxes or
SOHO routers and are not willing to pay for managed security services,
so the demand for NAT is very limited.

Rubens