[c-nsp] 6500 and MPLS

Reinhold Fischer Reinhold.Fischer at gmx.net
Wed Oct 15 03:59:05 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 11:02:21PM +0200, Peter Rathlev wrote:

> This would be SVI mode "EoMPLS", where one would expect local switching.
> Remember that "interface Vlan1005" isn't the same as "vlan 1005". It
> would be VERY nice if the PFC3 could do this, but unfortunately it
> can't. You need more expensive equipment for that. :-)

A dirty hack can be done to have VLAN-based EoMPLS without
expensive cards. Just configure an additional VLAN on the box,
assign a port to it and connect this single port in the new
VLAN to a port the VLAN for which you want to have VLAN-based
EoMPLS with a short cable.

Then do PORT mode EoMPLS on this single port. Did not try it
myself but according to my SE this is used by some customers.

hth

reinhold