[c-nsp] OK, what is a cheap and dirty hack to test a port

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Wed Oct 15 10:36:46 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 15 October 2008 10:22:17 Luan Nguyen wrote:
> Is it a Verizon circuit?
> We have a T1 circuit with Verizon and have the same problem.  We have a
> point to point circuit, so one side has clocking set to internal to provide
> the clocking and the other side feeds from the line.

Have you tried setting the clock to line on the side where you have the clock
set to internal?  Some point to point T1's still need both CPE's to have
clock set to line.

I don't have a point to point T1, but I do have a point to point OC3, and in
that case clock must be set to line on both ends, as the network provides the
clock.
--
Lamar Owen
Chief Information Officer