[c-nsp] TwinGig on Cat4900M

Carlos Friacas cfriacas at fccn.pt
Fri Oct 17 08:00:09 EDT 2008

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008, Dmitry Kiselev wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Could anybody in the list confirm thats TwinGig convertors are
> work fine in 8 onboard 10G ports in 4900M? I heard strange rumors
> thats only 8-port half-cards are support TwinGigs, no support
> for onboard ports and 4-port half-card due to lack of special
> ASICs.

Yes, already read about that in the documentation. :-)

That's why we bought two 8-port cards. The backplane bandwidth per slot is
still just 40Gbps, but the ability to support twingig adapters was
essential to interconnect the 4900M box to 1GE only boxes.

> Thanks!
>
> --
> Dmitry Kiselev

Best Regards,

Carlos Friac,as                                           See:
Wide Area Network Working Group (WAN)                     www.gigapix.pt
FCCN - Fundacao para a Computacao Cientifica Nacional     www.6deploy.org
Av. do Brasil, n.101                                      www.ipv6.eu
1700-066 Lisboa, Portugal, Europe
Tel: +351 218440100 Fax: +351 218472167                   www.fccn.pt
           The end is near........ see http://ipv4.potaroo.net
"Internet is just routes (282391/1511), naming (billions) and... people!"

    Esta mensagem foi enviada de: / This message was sent from:
 		 2001:690:2080:8004:250:daff:fe3b:2830

Aviso de Confidencialidade
Esta mensagem e' exclusivamente destinada ao seu destinatario, podendo
conter informacao CONFIDENCIAL, cuja divulgacao esta' expressamente
vedada nos termos da lei. Caso tenha recepcionado indevidamente esta
mensagem, solicitamos-lhe que nos comunique esse mesmo facto por esta
via ou para o telefone +351 218440100 devendo apagar o seu conteudo
de imediato.

Warning
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee.
It may contain CONFIDENTIAL information protected by law. If this
message has been received due to any error, please notify us via
e-mail or by telephone +351 218440100 and delete it immediately.