[c-nsp] Conditional BGP

Fawcett Simon Simon.Fawcett at uk.fujitsu.com
Mon Oct 20 09:57:45 EDT 2008

Hi Hank

It's a good question.

Your approach is good as mentioned by others in the thread, if you
advertise both externally  at the same time.  Private peering agreements
may still prefer the prepended route as it costs them less money.

Hence do not advertise your prefix on the backup path as long as the
backup ebgp peer is advertising the route back to you.

This was done with local pref.

simon