[c-nsp] WCS on CentOS?

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Mon Oct 20 12:06:24 EDT 2008

Currently, my Wireless Control System is running on an upgraded WLSE
box that runs RHEL 4 (which came with the WLSE->WCS conversion) and
version 5.0.56 of the WCS software.  I'd like to move to the latest
version but it requires RHEL 5.  I don't have any RHEL licenses
otherwise as I use CentOS for my server OS.  WCS detects that I'm
running CentOS and not RHEL and won't install.  Is there any way that
I can work around that?  Failing that is there a way that I can
upgrade the old RHEL 4 install?

--
Jeff Ollie

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then
I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."

	-- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5: "A Late Delivery from Avalon"