[c-nsp] How to match local IP address?

Marko Milivojevic markom at markom.info
Tue Oct 21 18:28:19 EDT 2008

> Is the below possible?
>
> route-map redistribute-connected permit 10
>  match ip address prefix-list ABC
>  set community no-export
> !
> router bgp XYZ
>  redistribute connected subnets route-map redistribute-connected
>
> Is it possible to set the bgp community in the redistribute route-map?

It is absolutely possible to set community in redistribute route-map -
I would have not otherwise suggest it as a solution for your problem
:-)

However, you BGP syntax is a bit off. BGP doesn't have "subnets" keyword.

> Will this community be sent to the transit (of course if not overwritten by peer
> outgoing route-map)? Someone tried such setup?

Communities will be sent to eBGP neighbors if you have
"send-community" configured for that neighbor (except for no-export,
which will not be sent). Note that the same applies for iBGP
neighbors.

And finally, yes, there are probably quite a few of us who use this setup :-)

--
Marko
CCIE #18427 (SP)