[c-nsp] How to match local IP address?

bill fumerola billf at mu.org
Wed Oct 22 13:14:49 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 10:36:04PM +0000, Marko Milivojevic wrote:
> Here, I had a few minutes to play in the lab:
> router bgp 100
>  address-family ipv4
>   redistribute connected route-map rc
>   no auto-summary
>   no synchronization
>  exit-address-family
> !
> ip prefix-list AAA seq 5 permit 10.0.0.0/8 ge 24 le 24
> !
> route-map rc permit 10
>  match ip address prefix-list AAA
>  set community no-export
> !
[..]
> R1#sh ip bgp 10.0.0.0
> BGP routing table entry for 10.0.0.0/24, version 8
> Paths: (1 available, best #1, table Default-IP-Routing-Table, not
> advertised to EBGP peer)
> Flag: 0x8A0
>   Not advertised to any peer
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>   Local
>     0.0.0.0 from 0.0.0.0 (10.3.0.1)
>       Origin incomplete, metric 0, localpref 100, weight 32768, valid,
> sourced, best
>       Community: no-export

i believe the OP wants to advertise these prefixes to his eBGP neighbors
w/ no-export set. this way, his provider(s) have the more specifics for
each site and his larger prefix is advertised to the world at large.

``A Framework for Inter-Domain Route Aggregation''
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2519.txt

hence, NO_EXPORT must be set on the outbound route-map of the neighbors.
the OP could tag the routes or add his own local community and use an
outbound route-map to set NO_EXPORT on the announced prefix.

-- bill