[c-nsp] EoMPLS terminating on PE?

Nathan have.an.email at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 16:19:40 EDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer)
<oboehmer at cisco.com> wrote:
> Nathan <> wrote on Monday, October 20, 2008 10:29 AM:
>> In effect, I want to extend the VC coming in on one PE so that it
>> (L3) terminates on another PE.
>
> you need the "routed pseudowire" feature, but this is currently only
> supported on the 7600

I decided to xconnect the physical edge router's ATm interface to a
third router that has L2 connectivity to the router I want the L3 to
terminate on. Should work, right ?

My problem is now that the ATM subinterface does not recognize the
xconnect command at all :-( (On Fa and Gi subinterfaces no problem).
I've tried with and without atm route-bridged ip, on the off-chance
that the command might reappear, but no such luck.

Is this a limitation of the interface type or a lack that is corrected
in some more recent IOS? What would the Cisco "feature" be? This is a
7206 G1 running c7200-js-mz.123-21.bin.

Thanks,
--
Nathan