[c-nsp] EoMPLS terminating on PE?

piotr/sawicki piotr.sawicki.pl at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 02:56:28 EDT 2008

Nathan pisze:
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer)
> <oboehmer at cisco.com> wrote:
>> Nathan <> wrote on Monday, October 20, 2008 10:29 AM:
>>> In effect, I want to extend the VC coming in on one PE so that it
>>> (L3) terminates on another PE.
>> you need the "routed pseudowire" feature, but this is currently only
>> supported on the 7600
>
> I decided to xconnect the physical edge router's ATm interface to a
> third router that has L2 connectivity to the router I want the L3 to
> terminate on. Should work, right ?
>
> My problem is now that the ATM subinterface does not recognize the
> xconnect command at all :-( (On Fa and Gi subinterfaces no problem).
> I've tried with and without atm route-bridged ip, on the off-chance
> that the command might reappear, but no such luck.
>
> Is this a limitation of the interface type or a lack that is corrected
> in some more recent IOS? What would the Cisco "feature" be? This is a
> 7206 G1 running c7200-js-mz.123-21.bin.
>
> Thanks,

Hi ,

I guess Ethernet over MPLS will not take as input atm standard interface
. Different type of encapsulation .
Maybe sth like LanEmulation for ATM - LANE,  will be the the
straightforward solution , but its very complicated (for me) and don't
think is possible on c7200 routers
Workaround ? -  if you manage to do a bridge-group between atm pvc
subinterf and interface vlan ( of etherenet type) -> then from intf vlan
you can do  xconnect to another pe router, over mpls..
// good luck
piotr sawicki