[c-nsp] 3750 stack vs 4507R-E?

Chris Gauthier chris at k7sle.com
Thu Oct 23 18:50:27 EDT 2008

Hi,

That's where part of my difficulty lies. Our SAN traffic is going to be increasing over time, currently using 4 individual 1GB Copper links, not including the 2x1GB links each server requires. Additionally, we have VoIP phones to consider (ShoreTel) and lots of SMB/HTTP/SQL traffic. Since I work in more of a financial-type organization, multimedia is not really a priority at this time. We also are going "paperless" by using a SQL-based document imaging/management system. Finally, we have a few (<12) office workstations and a printer for the IT Staff in the Data Center.

So, I'm not exactly sure how to answer your question and Cisco has a dizzying array of switches for a multitude of purposes. Choosing the right one is very difficult. I hope this information helps.

Thanks,

Chris