[c-nsp] OSPF over PPPoATM

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Sun Oct 26 06:23:50 EDT 2008

Daniele Orlandi wrote on 25/10/2008 20:06:
> On Monday 20 October 2008 15:43:03 Marko Milivojevic wrote:
>> Before I accuse intermediate DSLAM filtering them, could you post
>> relevant interface and OSPF process configurations from both routers,
>> please?
>
> Marko,
>
> Would it be possible for a DSLAM to implement filtering on the AAL5
> encapsulated traffic? It would have to decapsulate and interpret UDP/IP
> packets to do it. Did you experience anything similar?

I have met dslams that block broadcast/multicast traffic going from the user side to the
network side. But it was IPoA traffic. In your case the traffic is encapsulated into PPP,
so it should be much harder for the dslam to check inside it.

> I would point my finger at a IOS bug, however I tried several completely
> different IOSes on both the termination and DSL box with no change.
>
> Anyway, this is the relevant configuration:
>
> 7200 PPP terminator:
> ------------------------------
>
> interface ATM2/0
>  no ip address
>  load-interval 30
>  atm sonet stm-1
>  atm pppatm passive
>  no atm auto-configuration
>  no atm ilmi-keepalive
>  no atm address-registration
>  no atm ilmi-enable
>
>  range PPPOA-10 pvc 10/100 10/250
>   ubr 1000
>   dbs enable
>   oam-range manage
>   encapsulation aal5mux ppp Virtual-Template1
>   create on-demand
>
> interface Virtual-Template1
>  ip unnumbered Loopback0
>  no ip redirects
>  no ip proxy-arp
>  ip ospf message-digest-key 1 md5 7 xxxx
>  ip ospf network point-to-point
>  peer default ip address pool adsl
>  ppp authentication pap callin adsl
>  ppp authorization adsl
>  ppp accounting adsl
>
> router ospf 9026
>  log-adjacency-changes
>  area 0 authentication message-digest
>  summary-address 62.212.6.0 255.255.255.0
>  summary-address 62.212.4.0 255.255.255.0
>  redistribute connected subnets
>  redistribute static subnets
>  network 62.212.0.0 0.0.31.255 area 0
>
> -----

Below you don't have an ip address ;)
Is everything (including ppp negotiation) working fine between the endpoints?
Can you do a ping between them? Is loopback0 configured?

--
Tassos