[c-nsp] OSPF over PPPoATM

Daniele Orlandi daniele at orlandi.com
Sun Oct 26 09:33:38 EDT 2008

On Sunday 26 October 2008 11:23:50 Tassos Chatzithomaoglou wrote:

> I have met dslams that block broadcast/multicast traffic going from the
> user side to the network side. But it was IPoA traffic. In your case the
> traffic is encapsulated into PPP, so it should be much harder for the dslam
> to check inside it.

Yes, that's what I was thinking.

> Below you don't have an ip address ;)

Yes, that sounds strange, it looks like OSPF isn't able to gather the IP
address since the virtual-template use an unnumbered source address.

However, trying to give an explicit address to the virtual-template isn't of
any use, the IOS disables IP processing altogether on the cloned interfaces
(maybe because the cloned interfaces would overlap).

> Is everything (including ppp negotiation) working fine between the
> endpoints? Can you do a ping between them? Is loopback0 configured?

Yes, the router is already in production with hundreds of peers, everything
(except ospf) seem to be working fine.

Thanks,
Bye,

--