[c-nsp] ME Switch Managment over Trunk Interfaces?

Marko Milivojevic markom at markom.info
Fri Oct 31 14:39:59 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 17:06, cp <lists at pleasants.net> wrote:
> I'm new to Cisco ME switches, so please bare with my basic question. I
> am having a difficult time trying to manage the device over trunk
> interface. It doesn't work.  My management IP lives on a vlan interface.
> Below is my configuration.  I tried vlan1 without luck too. Do I really
> have to burn a port for management? I'm probably missing something
> simple. Any assistance is appreciated.

Could you be a little bit more specific as to what exactly does not work?

Some questions:

* Did you create VLAN 106?
* Did you enable Vlan interface (no shut)?
* Do you have a route back to your management station?
* Is the device on the other end configured to accept tagged frames?

--
Marko
CCIE #18427 (SP)