[c-nsp] Interdomain Multicast Routing

Mike Louis MLouis at nwnit.com
Mon Sep 1 11:45:06 EDT 2008

This has been a  confusing subject for me. If you enabled msdp between 2 pim sm domains and enabled mc routing on the intermediate bgp routers while using normal non-mbgp routing wouldn't mc still work? Why would you want to use mbgp unless you wanted mc routes to take a different path than unicast routes? Do most sp these days support mc in their networks for customers?

Thanks

mike