[c-nsp] Crash bug in SXH3

Charles Spurgeon c.spurgeon at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Sep 3 15:07:50 EDT 2008

To which I will add another warning: there is also a fatal crash bug
in SXH3 that is triggered by removing a route-map.

The CSCsk21935 buginfo heading is: "Crash in ipfib_policy_forward
after remove policy route-map" This bug is internally viewable only
and we got the heading info from the TAC. It's apparently related to
this publicly viewable bug: CSCsm75286

This bug in combination with an apparent hardware error on a Sup720
left one of our core routers equipped with dual sup720s crashed and
sitting in rommon.

We are informed that SXF code also has the route-map bug, but we have
more confidence in that code (having removed route-maps in it many
times without problems) so we have reverted to SXF6 while awaiting a
new SXH build.

-Charles

Charles E. Spurgeon / UTnet
UT Austin ITS / Networking