[c-nsp] CSS strange behaviour.... Or is it just my config [7:132492]

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Sep 4 02:22:27 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 12:41:12PM +1000, Brett Clausenhauf wrote:
> If I don't have the group statement it worked for awhile & then ceases to
> forward incoming requests on the VIP address for tcp port 85.
> Tried suspend/active on the Service & Group.. Still it didn't work. The
> minute I added the group statement it works.... Being relatively new to the
> CSS I am not sure why this is needed. Does anyone know why?

Stab in the dark: your web server could be doing DNS lookups to write
the client hostname to the log.  If you have no group statement, DNS will
not work (because that's an outgoing session), so the HTTP request will
be very slow (DNS timeout).

The keepalive will determine "HTTP server down" and will take the
server out of service.

(As said, this could be completely off base, but you might want to do
some tcpdumping on the server to verify what's going on).

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de