[c-nsp] c7604 "starter kit"

Philippe Strauss philou at philou.ch
Thu Sep 4 07:23:45 EDT 2008

Hello c-nsp,

For a small ISP who need to get a routing gear much more resistant do DDoS than
7200 NPE-G1/2 (with a bit over 400kpps on a POS OC3 on a G2, the router is at 100% CPU,
probably better on ethernet but...), what is the entry level 7600?

I'm new to the convoluted world of hardware routing :-)

chassis 7604?
3bxl or 3cxl?
sup720 or rsp720?

linecard: what are the SPA? distributed forwarding? we don't need it a priori.
there is a 6 gbic port (2+4) with PXF, what is this beast? probably something
to avoid.

I've heard once upon a time a 8 port GigE linecard was available and not anymore.
will the 8 port fixed GigE (not 10/100 but only 1000) of the cat6500 line work
in a c7600?

We don't need 20 ports and that's a bit expensive.
All port must do layer3, of course.
Full BGP table, many times (3 full peer plus 100 local peerings w few prefixes).

TIA!

--
Philippe Strauss
http://philou.ch