[c-nsp] Dreaded FIB Exception on Sup2

Rich Davies rich.davies at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 09:21:37 EDT 2008

Has anyone ever utilized Unicast RPF (reverse path forwarding) to help
mitigate this limitation on the SUP2's?   I have also ran into the same
limitation with our SUP2's (full BGP routing table, multiple peering
sessions) and I have read that enabling Unicast RPF would help temporarily
alleviate the TCAM memory being exhausted but in the long run a SUP7203BXL
would be the best solution (unfortunately very pricy).   Has anyone ever
used uRPF to help correct this (for short term) or is the SUP7203BXL the
only solution?

-Rich

Rich Davies
rich.davies at gmail.com