[c-nsp] Allow VTY access by telnet and ssh

Fri Sep 5 05:42:25 EDT 2008

I think more specifically, he wanted to be able to permit a particular group
of users to use telnet and another to use ssh.
While I'm not sure why it'd be good to use telnet when ssh is available, I
suppose it would be possible to apply an ACL on the VTYs to deny access to
telnet/ssh as required.

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Jay Hennigan <jay at west.net> wrote:

> tony kam wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>  Please advise if there is any configuration template to enable both
>> telnet and ssh to have access right into router VTY lines.
>>

> Did you try:
>
> line vty 0 4
>  transport input telnet ssh
>
> The number of vty lines may be different depending on platform and IOS, for
> example, "line vty 0 15".
>
> --
> Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net
> Impulse Internet Service  -  http://www.impulse.net/
> Your local telephone and internet company - 805 884-6323 - WB6RDV

Ang Kah Yik