[c-nsp] Service-Policy on 1800 SVI

Jeff Cartier jcartier at acs.on.ca
Fri Sep 5 15:15:11 EDT 2008

Hey Everyone,

I'm running into an issue on a 1841 router where I have an internet feed
coming into one of the integrated switchports....I have the vlan that
the switchport is configured in as a EtherSVI with a public IP address.
I need to configure a policy-map with QoS but it appears you cannot
configure a service-policy on a EtherSVI...Is this correct?

After finding that heartbreaker out I then tried applying the
service-policy to the switchport...it takes, but of course doesn't show
any matches and rates using 'show policy-map interface Fa0/9'.

So my question would be...how do I configure QoS on a 1841 Router when
my interface is a EtherSVI?

Sincerely,

Jeff