[c-nsp] Service-Policy on 1800 SVI

Brett Looney brett at looney.id.au
Sun Sep 7 21:47:45 EDT 2008

> I'm running into an issue on a 1841 router where I have an internet
> feed coming into one of the integrated switchports....I have the vlan
> that the switchport is configured in as a EtherSVI with a public IP
> address. I need to configure a policy-map with QoS but it appears
> you cannot configure a service-policy on a EtherSVI...Is this correct?

That's pretty much correct. You need to put the service policy on a routed
port - either one of the two onboard Ethernets or get one of the routed HWIC
cards (such as a HWIC-1FE) which are (of course) much more expensive than
the HWIC switch cards.

Putting a service policy on a SVI just doesn't work. On some platforms you
can do it but you are severely limited in what you can do in that policy.

B.