[c-nsp] Tool(free?) to extract vlan+trunk info from Cat4003

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Tue Sep 9 09:07:32 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 09:35:57AM +1000, mb at adv.gcomm.com.au wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a few old Cat4003's that we need to get all L2 Info from(All
> vlans/trunks etc) - Was hoping there was a tool(free) that could
> automate the task?
>
> Had a look at Cisco Network Assist, and enabled http server on the 4ks,
> but it looks like CNA is requesting info that does not exist on the
> 4003's:

Is SNMP an option?

You can look at CISCO-VTP-MIB::vlanTrunkPortDynamicStatus to find out
the trunking status of an interface.  vlanTrunkPortVlansEnabled* will
give you a bitmask of the vlans that are permitted on a trunk.
vtpVlanName and vtpVlanState will tell you the basic info on a given
vlan.

CISCO-VLAN-MEMBERSHIP-MIB::vmVlan will show you vlans assigned to
access ports.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us