[c-nsp] NBAR & QoS

root net rootnet08 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 04:32:03 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am looking into running NBAR along side with QoS in our network.  I was
wondering what the list was doing if running NBAR.  I want to protect
against excessive file sharing customers or at least throttle those specific
applications.  Some suggestions as the best place to configure this in a
network or what you all are doing is appreciated? Maybe even running on a
mirror port?

My thoughts are placing on Cisco 7206 NPE-225/256MB box but am not sure if
we should upgrade to a 7204VXR NPE-400/512Mb or not. This box runs
terminates static (no PPPoE) DSL customers and about 20 to 30
subinterfaces.  Although may move to PPPoE in the future. CPU usage is light
and memory operates around 120MB free give or take.

Thanks in advanced!

RootNet08