[c-nsp] NBAR & QoS

Church, Charles cchurc05 at harris.com
Wed Sep 10 07:57:04 EDT 2008

We're using it on a 2821 for the same purpose - QOS to 2 upstreams, and
file sharing shaping.  Currently running about 10% CPU when pushing
about 9mb through it.  It's probably good for almost a full DS-3 on the
2821, at least in our application.  If you can run 12.4 on the NPE225,
I'd say enable it on a couple subints (protocol discovery) at a time,
and keep an eye on the cpu.  If CPU stays low, keep adding to it.  I
seem to remember having some weird NBAR issues with 12.3.   How much
traffic are you pushing through it currently?  20 to 30 customers
doesn't sound like it'd be a problem.

Chuck