[c-nsp] ME3750 Shaping

Brad Henshaw brad.henshaw at qcn.com.au
Sat Sep 13 11:22:30 EDT 2008

Eric Van Tol wrote:

>>You can also do egress rate limitation - 'srr-queue bandwidth limit ><10..90>'
>>
>>This limits the egress rate to a percentage of the physical port speed.

> Yes, but this is a limit for all 4 queues combined.  It may work for the
> layer 3 ports, but not meet the requirements of the layer 2 trunk port with
> 2 VLANs on it.

Ah. I didn't notice the requirement to shape only one queue.

In that case, then yes I believe your understanding of WRR shaping is correct.

What exactly are you trying to achieve on the trunk ports? A separate rate
for each VLAN? (with associated CoS or DSCP hacking on ingress)? If this
is the case you're probably better off wasting a port per VLAN or otherwise
freeing up an ES port. (if only the stackwise ports on the ME's were functional)

Regards,
Brad