[c-nsp] Dreaded FIB Exception on Sup2

Rubens Kuhl Jr. rubensk at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 20:11:34 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 2:58 PM, Rick Kunkel <kunkel at w-link.net> wrote:
> Well, I've hit the dreaded error message on my Sup2:
>
> %MLSCEF-SP-7-FIB_EXCEPTION: FIB TCAM exception, Some entries will be
> software switched

1) Try filtering on anything less than /24s and pointing default
routes to your providers, see if that helps.
2) Try filtering on RIR boundaries, if (1) has failed.
3) Try filtering on overlapping prefixes (will need software to find
those), if (2) has failed
4)  Try filtering on longer AS paths, which means you are likely to be
very far off to do useful traffic engineering, if (3) or (2) failed

Beware that pointing a defaul-route might do some damage if you use
uRPF, but you use uRPF, you would have probably posted this message
some years ago... :-)

Rubens